- 2 tablespoons i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- 12 green onions (or scallions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces goat cheese (sliced)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch round glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon Spread in 10-inch skillet over medium heat and cook green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring frequently, until green onions are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Turn onto baking sheet, then cool in refrigerator.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl. Stir in goat cheese, breaking up lumps. Season with remaining salt and pepper. When it is fairly smooth, whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared dish, then sprinkle with green onions. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with additional green onions.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
MM 11 Nov 2016
I made this sticking strictly to the directions and it was fantastic and so delicious. It was simple and you could easily add anything really. I'm not huge on goat cheese but it was not overwhelming. I definitely will make it again.
Lynn C. 7 Jul 2016
This was delicious. It has a lite airy texture but is very satisfying. I needed to bake it for 35 minutes. The center does not raise and the edges will raise 2 times bigger than the center. The center ends up raising only 1/2 inch so don't be alarmed by this.
Suzan C. 30 Jan 2016
Prepared for a light dinner with the following changes... 1 cup unsweetened almond (next time I would use evaporated milk), 4 eggs, 1/2 cup fat free sour cream, 4 ounces Laura Chenel goat cheese, crumbled, 1 cup chopped scallions (2 3/4 ounces), 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, pink salt and pepper, dash of Trader Joe's Srirachi BBQ sauce. With about 1 teaspoon butter, I greased the Pyrex pie dish. Sauteed scallions in remaining butter until golden. Crumbled the goat cheese into the beaten eggs, added the milk and sour cream and the sauteed scallions, with the butter from the saute pan. Poured into the greased pie plate and baked for 35 minutes. Quiche was puffed and pale. After sitting for 20 minutes, quiche had deflated. Served 1/4 of the quiche per person (a double serving). Slipped perfectly out of the pan. Lovely taste, a little tangy, light texture, would make this again..