These cookies are a great addition to any person who is Gluten and/or Dairy intolerant. It is often hard to find a gluten and/or dairy free biscuit that tastes good and similar to normal biscuits.
When using choc chips make sure that they are dairy free as well as gluten free. Dark chocolate is often free of dairy and gluten. If dairy free choc chips aren't available you can chop up some dark chocolate in a food processor to your desired texture.
- 250g Dairy Free Margarine
- 470g Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 440g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 cup Qunioa Flakes
- 250g Choc Chips
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool. On high speed cream the margarine and brown sugar together.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time while beating well in between each addition.
- Add the cooled coconut oil while beating on a slow speed (so that is does't splash out).
- Place the flour and the quinoa flakes in the bowl and mix slowly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Lastly add the choc chips and again mix slowly until combined. Place tablespoons of mixture on a biscuit tray and flatten slightly with a wet fork.
- Bake at 200* in a fan forced oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool on the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.