You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Croquettes with Mushrooms, Botifarra Sausage and Apple Jam. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because…
these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 1 botifarra sausage
- 250 grams mixed mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions (caramelized)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for the croquettes)
- 100 milliliters chicken stock
- 100 milliliters whole milk
- olive oil
- apple jelly
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Fry the mushrooms in a little bit of oil, season with salt and pepper. Add the botifarra cut into small pieces and stir until it falls apart. Add flour and mix it until fried (so it doesn't taste of raw flour). Add the caramelized onions and stir. Gradually add the chicken stock and milk, stirring continously until thickened. If necessary, add salt.
- Place in a flat pan and let it cool.
- Form the croquettes, then coat with flour, then egg, and finally, in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil. To serve, top off each croquette with apple jam.