If you are craving a fancy and flavorful dinner, then why not try making this recipe for Croque Sandwich. It is the perfect combination of a sweet, savory and salty dish. This recipe would be decadent paired with the perfect meal main entrée. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family this weekend with a decadent side dish for the family dinner.
- 3 slices ham
- 3 medium eggs
- cream (20 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 10 slices cheese (yellow)
- grating cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a large loaf pan.
- Cut the ham slices in 2.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Place 2 to 3 slices of bread on the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Top with 1 slice of ham and yellow cheese.
- Add half of the milk-egg mixture.
- Repeat this process with the bread, ham, and cheese until all the ingredients have been used.
- Add the remaining milk-cream mixture.
- Pack well.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes before unmolding.