Rise and Shine! If you are looking for a recipe that will wake you up in the morning this Croissants recipe will surely do so. Packed with flavor and a chilli punch, this recipe will surely give you the a quick spike of energy. Try it and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also leave this recipe a star rating. We hope you enjoy this Croissants recipe!
- 500 grams bread flour
- 200 milliliters water
- 37 grams yeast
- 25 grams vegetable shortening
- 7 grams salt
- 50 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the flour and make a well. Add the water, yeast, shortening, salt, sugar, and half of the butter. Mix well and beat for 10 to 12 minutes briskly until soft but not sticky.
- Form a ball, transfer to another bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Wrap the remaining butter in a tea towel or baking paper, and crush with a rolling pin until soft.
- Roll out the dough into a circle about 2-centimeter thick, spread on the butter, fold over the dough and roll into a rectangle, maintaining 2-centimeter thickness.
- Fold in three, roll out and repeat this action twice.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a long strip of 12 centimeter wide and 4 millimeters thick. Cut into triangles 10 to 12 centimeters wide.
- Roll up gently from the base, place on a baking tray, with the pointed side facing up.
- Brush with beaten egg and allow to rise for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories850Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.