- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 in cubes)
- 2 cups chicken (broth, or vegetable)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed and room temperature)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (room temperature)
|Calories660Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
shirley D. 10 hours ago
wonderful and very tasty
Aimee K. 14 days ago
I loved this recipe! It saved me space on the stove and it was easy! I omitted the rosemary because of another review stating that it was overwhelming. I added a clove or two more garlic and used garlic salt instead of regular salt. Also, I used low fat cream cheese and sour cream. I will definitely make this again.
Emma C. 20 Dec 2018
This recipe became part of my Thanksgiving repertoire a few years ago, and everyone loves it! It’s amazingly good, and I love the fact that I can just start it up early and let it sit in the crockpot while I make the rest of the meal. Best mashed potatoes EVER.
Linda S. 24 Nov 2018
This made the last minute Thanksgiving tasks easier. I mainly used sour cream.
Kelly Zareski 23 Nov 2018
We doubled the recipe so that may be why just didn’t come out well at all
mountaintoots 23 Nov 2018
I used 5 pounds potatoes and shipped the parmeson cheese. it was a hot at Thanksgiving!
Sarah 23 Nov 2018
Followed the directions but the potato’s never got soft it ended up very chunky
Kristina 22 Nov 2018
very rich and creamy. easy to make. will make again
dawn mcnamara 22 Nov 2018
This is the best mashed potato recipe I've ever tried. I used yukon gold potatoes and roasted garlic. Delicious!
April J. 12 Jan 2018
Next time will omit rosemary. It was just too much for my and my boys likening.
Mags M 21 Oct 2017
EXCELLENT! I normally avoid mashed potato recipes like this because of all the butter and cheeses adding calories and fat when I don't need it but decided this as a treat and boy is it a treat! I made it exactly per instructions and is one of the few recipes I wouldn't change a thing about. Oh, and the smell while it's cooking is mouth-watering!
Rosanna B. 5 Aug 2017
This recipe is GREAT!
Irene S. 21 Nov 2015
I never thought about doing mashed potatoes in the crockpot. This was super easy and absolutely delicious.