- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (small, ~12 ounces or 3/4ths a pound small)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (and 1/2)
- 3/4 cup quinoa (uncooked, I used a roasted garlic flavored quinoa)
- 14 1/2 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (full)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (full)
- parmesan cheese
- fresh rosemary
- fresh parsley
|Calories170Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jackie W. 12 Mar 2018
This soup is delicious. I added the recommended amount of seasonings, no salt, and used a fair amount of freshly cracked black pepper. Plus, the can of fire roasted tomatoes has seasoning. I find it very flavorful and will definitely make again.
Jazz 11 Mar 2018
Family favourite! I found the chicken breast a little dry but perfect with chicken thighs.
Jill Patchen 25 Jan 2018
I added extra seasonings as it was a little bland
KEVIN 4 Dec 2017
Great mix of flavors. Easy to make. I will say I increased the spices a bit as the original measurements made it a little bland. But after adjusting those it's definitely something I'd make again.
mrscollins 4 Apr 2017
Have to agree with the other review...was disappointed in this soup. Was not very flavourful and we are not dying to finish the leftovers. It was easy to make but I probably won't make it again.
Dominique Mikell 28 Oct 2016
This soup turned out well enough but is lacking complex flavor. It didn't leave me wanting another bowl. Perhaps using chicken thighs would lead to a more delicious soup.