- 1/2 cup celery (~2-3 stalks)
- 1 yellow onion (small, ~1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper (small, ~1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts will also work)
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons white flour
|Calories290Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
RhondaMiller 7 days ago
Was really good, I used half a tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, next time I'll use a full Tbsp. Tastes like a dish my mom used to make when I was little, but she forgot how she made it. Now I can have something close to it. Will definitely make again!
marc h. 9 Dec 2018
yummy, once i spiced it up a bit more. it needed more spice
Danica 13 Nov 2018
Wow! What an amazing flavor. The broth is super addicting over the rice.
Corine v. 1 Oct 2018
I liked it, the rest of the family loved it.
Micah B. 14 Sep 2018
Wonderful!! Thank you for sharing! My husband said, “oh yeah...I’ll be eating more of this!”
kris holzer 27 Aug 2018
Whole family lover this. Easy and very tasty.
Justin Bohrer 20 Aug 2018
This was delicious! I ate it with the rice on the side. It was spicy, flavorful and very easy to make. Great recipe.
John 13 Mar 2018
When made true to the recipe, this dish was bland, bland, bland. However, double or triple the spices and it livens up greatly. Next time, I plan to add cabbage and perhaps some other veggies (cauliflower?) and a tbsp of pepper seeds. It was a very quick & easy recipe, one that can be customized to fit your own taste.
jane r. 17 Feb 2018
Absolutely yummy! Put a bit more Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper in as we like spicy. Will definitely make it again
Connor 15 Feb 2018
Amazing!!! Definitely will be making it again!!!