This dish is my paleo and gluten free version of a restaurant meal I love. I did it in the crockpot to make the meat extra tender. There is nothing like coming home to dinner ready and the house smelling like something delicious.
- 1.5 lbs Flank Steak (or skirt steak), cut against the grain in thin strips
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 Tblsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey (I have made it with less and it works fine!)
- 1 Tblsp Siracha (or other hot sauce)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, small dice (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 broccoli crowns cut into florets
- In the crockpot mix the steak and arrowroot powder until it is evenly coated.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients except the carrots, onion and broccoli and pour over the steak.
- Add the carrots and onion.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours or on high 2-3 hours. During the last half hour add the broccoli and stir.