- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 scallions (medium, chopped for garnish)
|Calories200Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kathleen Fleer 3 Dec 2018
It smelled amazing while cooking but unfortunately my husband and I didn’t really like the flavor.
Sarah A. 15 Jan 2018
Yummy! We made it with a lb of chicken and the recommended amount of sauce, and it was perfect over rice.
JoannaSchofield 10 Dec 2017
super easy and absolutely delicious.
Nina Cerbo 11 Sep 2017
Next time I'll make it saucier... otherwise delicious.
Patti-Ann Eldred 16 Jun 2017
Moist but not enough flavor
Christopher B. 14 Jan 2017
Wow. This is absolutely delicious - it tastes like a lot more work goes into it than really does. The mix of sweet to spicy is just right (though if you have kids who are spice sensitive, it's probably better to skip the Sriracha). My oldest took one bite, widened his eyes and said "You have to keep this recipe!" My middle one, who is spice sensitive, said it was really good but had a bit too much kick for him - but said to make it again, just without the sriracha. Definitely a winner, will make this often!
Mary Jo Snow 3 Oct 2016
Love this recipe. Have made it over a dozen times. I serve it over brown rice with a salad. A big hit.