- 15 ounces white beans (drained, rinsed, cannellini or navy)
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth (container, or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- parmesan cheese (rind, optional)
- 1 rosemary sprig (fresh)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (chopped fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (and fresh black pepper)
- 8 ounces zucchini (diced)
- 2 cups spinach (chopped fresh, or frozen defrosted)
- 2 cups small pasta (cooked, such as ditalini, al dente, or GF pasta)
- parmesan cheese (extra, for garnish, optional)
|Calories110Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Lashay R. 27 days ago
Turned out really good. I followed the exact recipe and method. I probably would put my carrots in 40 mins before its finished just like the zucchini and spinach. Otherwise quite tasty and definitely enough for the week.
Cheryl W. 3 Dec 2018
It was delicious! I added a few more veggies and my own seasonings which made it taste even better.
DeBe 13 Jul 2018
Good basic recipe... There is plenty of room to add or omit any desired ingredients. I did add green beans to the recipe. We all enjoyed it. I served it along with a Pesto Club Sandwich. This is a meal that can be whipped up quickly.
Rachel A. 16 Jan 2018
Amazing! You can mix it up with different veggies like butternut squash and parsnips
Kelli Friedman 9 Sep 2017
This is the best minestrone soup recipe I have ever found! It has found its way into my fall and winter rotation and has been a hit with company.