- 3 pounds chuck roast (trimmed of visible fat and cut into large hunks)
- 1 envelope italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons Zesty)
- 8 ounces pepperoncini pepper (slices + splash of juice, plus extra for serving)
- 8 ounces giardiniera (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix, drained, plus extra for serving)
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- cheese slices (provolone)
- hoagie buns
Nancy Blann 3 Aug 2017
This is an awesome recipe! I made my own giardiniera and will definitely be making this again!
Dan N. 7 Apr 2016
Amazing!!!!!! Made it twice so far both time came out great. Use a bottom round the second time. Will make it again and again.
Shelley D. 30 Jan 2016
We loved this! I seasoned the roast with Montreal steak seasoning and browned first before adding to the crockpot. Also, couldn't find the Chicago style Giardiniera mentioned in the recipe, so substituted a 12 oz jar regular giardiniera and used some green olive tapenade from the olive bar at the supermarket. Used French onion soup (can not dried) instead of the beef broth, and skipped the Good seasons dressing mix. Yum!!