- 1 pound chicken breasts (do not use frozen, cut in half if large)
- 1/2 small onion (or 1 large shallot, minced)
- 2 carrots (minced)
- 2 celery ribs (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaves (large or 2 small)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or Earth Balance Vegan Butter)
- 6 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup rice mix (wild rice-brown, I recommend Lundberg Farms)
|Calories240Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Nikki Ruggles 4 days ago
My husband LOVES it!
Aubrey L. 24 Sep 2018
Cooked in 4 hours and turned out great (I even added extra chicken and rice). My husband went back for thirds!
conniemilhollon 22 Mar 2018
it is a really good recipe. I had to change it a little because i have some problems with to much spices. Had it for supper tonight we really like a good soup.
Adamson 20 Nov 2017
Very tasty. I over cooked the chicken though. Will probably try it on the stove-top next time instead.
Monica N. 29 Jun 2016
Delicious!!!....I ended up using 2 legs and 2 thighs with the bone in it instead of chicken breasts. I added 1 extra carrot and 1 extra celery. I also ran out of time, so cooked it in a pot on the stove. I'm not sure if I was supposed to add the seasoning from the rice, but I did. It was a bit strong tasting at first, so I added water afterwards and it was super yummy!