- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups less sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded part skim)
- 1/4 cup scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces Haas avocado (1 small, diced)
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jackie Lott 2 days ago
very good. i will make it again.
Courtney Ewing 21 Jul
My entire family is always really happy with this soup! it's a huge hit, and they usually aren't even fond of soup
Amy 28 Mar
This was Yummly! Shocker that I did not modify it at all and would definitely make it again. The whole family loved it.
Amber R. 24 Jan
The family really loved this! Going into our winter soup collection!
J2K 19 Jan
It was really delicious! Great for winter!
Ej Prado 15 Jan
We ate it all! Will make again
Hi Julie 11 Jan
Excellent!! I also added 1/2 a jalapeño for some kick.
Sam C. 11 Jan
Not bad, I would potentially make it again. I accidentally put in one chicken breast too many and ended up with more filling than soup so I saved the extra and made quesadillas with it that were near restaurant quality.
Samanda A. 5 Jan
Great flavor and easy!!
Libby Radford 4 Jan
Cooked this many times and love it every time
Stacy G. 13 Nov 2017
This soup is amazing!
Nelly G. 25 Oct 2017
I made this with 11 year old daughter and it was a big hit. Everyone loved it and we had no left overs. We will make this again no doubt.
Bethany B. 6 Mar 2016
I've cooked this twice and both times it was absolutely delicious! I did not modify this recipe at all, and will definitely make it again. :-)
Vanessa Redman 1 Mar 2016
Well I made this but the quicker version. I cooked the chicken in the oven 400 for 40 minutes. Shredded chicken added other ingredients and simmered for about an hour on the stovetop. It wasn't a planned meal so I didn't have the luxury of crockpot cooking it. It was wonderful. I plan on making this as often as my family will let me.
Sharee Lynn 9 Feb 2016
This soup actually tastes like Chicken Enchiladas. I like food to be in the shape and form that it naturally appears. Here's an exception! I would just as soon eat this Chicken Enchilada Soup as I would Chicken Enchiladas.
lee l. 27 Dec 2015
This recipe is fantastic. It just doesn't make enough. Have to double up on the recipe to make enough to go around.