- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 cup yellow onions
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (or chopped red)
- 1 celery (diced)
- 2 strips thick cut bacon (diced)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (preferably low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (or Creole)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup cream (half-and-half, or milk)
|Calories610Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Melissa 2 Oct 2018
It was good, I didn t do it in a crock pot though, I did it stove top and next time I think I would make it with shrimp instead of chicken it tasted just like an ettouffe
Perdriel 24 May 2018
I found it delicious and ate it with egg noodles that I bought in Thailand. I followed the method exactly, but using wings (I do not care for breast). Otherwise I put in the amounts of the ingredients to suit my taste. Will certainly make it again. So quick and easy.
Charde 25 Mar 2018
Turned out great., I served it over white rice
Wendy J. 20 Feb 2018
Really good! Ate it over roasted vegetables.
Brian 14 Feb 2018
The ingredient list is wrong - it's either or on the chicken breasts OR chicken fingers (tenders). Other than that, very good!
Rachel L. 14 May 2016
I had to substitute some ingredients but even still it was delicious!!! I will definitely be using this recipe again.