- 12 cabbage leaves (large)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped;)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cauliflower (grated)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Blanch the cabbage leaves by placing them in a pot of boiling salt water for about 2 minutes, until the cabbage leaves start to soften. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the stock, onion, ground beef, cauliflower and egg. Season the mixture with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 3 Place the soft cabbage leaves on a flat surface and fill each one with 1/12 of the meat mixture near the base of the leaves.
- 4 Fold the sides of the leaves and roll them on themselves to close up the mixture inside.
- 5 Prepare the sauce by combining the tomato sauce with the lemon juice. Season the sauce with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 6 Place the stuffed cabbage rolls inside a crock pot and pour the tomato sauce over.
- 7 Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.