Classic Beef Stroganoff
- 1.5 lbs beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced.
- 2.5 cups of sliced white mushrooms (8 oz)
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package egg noodles
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/8 cup white cooking wine (chilled)
- Add Mushroom soup, beef, garlic, onions, water, bouillon, butter, and Worcestershire to a crock-pot set to low heat.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with cold cooking wine, until all lumps are removed, then add to crock-pot and stir again.
- Stir in mushrooms, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn crock-pot off, and add fresh dill and sour cream. Allow to sit/thicken in crock-pot while you boil your noodles, per package instructions. You may add additional butter and a touch of salt to noodles as desired.
- To serve, spoon crock-pot mixture over hot egg noodles.