- 1 yellow onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 5 gold potatoes (medium, peeled and chopped into large chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine (full bodied, such as Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 cup frozen peas (or canned)
- 1/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Vicki Hobbs 2 days ago
Added tomatoes, beefy onion soup mix, cream of mushroom, and other seasoning. Be generous with seasoning and red wine for more robust flavoring. I didn’t have carrots, so I used canned green beans, which worked fine. My whole family enjoyed this hearty soup with skillet cornbread! Will make this again!
Joe 30 Apr
Very good. May add more flour if you like a thicker stew
Dan P. 4 Mar
We like our food bland but this recipe is blander than bland. We followed the directions as outlined and added a package of Slow Cooker Mix and still had to add some additional Worcestershire. Cooking on Low, after 10 hours, the meat was decent but the potatoes and carrots (all covered with liquid) were almost raw. Anticipate a much longer cooking time.
marisabel p. 21 Sep 2017
it came out really good and tasty. added extra salt. yum!
Holly R. 16 Nov 2016
Absolute fantastic! Tweaked the spices a little according to my family's tastes but this was a fantastic recipe and will be used over and over again!
Bonnie T. 4 May 2016
Fantastic, we both enjoyed the flavours. Browned the meat first & added a couple of parsnips along with the rest of the veggies. Just before serving I thicken it with Knorr Veloutine thickener turned out great. We'll be making this again.