- 10 corn tortillas (or flour tortillas, 5 inches in diameter, store bought or make it at home.)
- refried beans (: 1 cup, canned, see the quick recipe for home made)
- sour cream (: 2-3 tbsp as a side dip)
- salsa (: 3-4 tbsp as a side dip, homemade or store bought. See recipe for quick whip.)
- guacamole (: 2-3 tbsp optional)
- lettuce (: 1cup shredded)
- hot sauce (or Tobasco : to taste)
- onions (: 1tbsp dried or 3 tbsp fresh)
- garlic (: 1/4 tsp dried or 1 tsp fresh)
- ground cumin (: 1/2 tbsp)
- oil (: 1 tsp)
- water (: 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- queso blanco
- rice (Mexican, or Spanish rice : optional. I used store bought knorrs packet. For recipe, click here.)
- Preheat the oven at 425*f and grease a small rectangular baking dish. I used 6"x4" dish.
- Hear oil in pan. Add garlic and onions and sauté for a minute if fresh and few seconds if using dried. Add refried beans paste, 1-2 tbsp salsa, cumin powder. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Heat the tortillas in microwave for 15-20 seconds or heat them lightly in a pan on stove top.
- Now start layering. Sprinkle the warm tortillas with 1/2 tsp cheese shreds. Add 1 tbsp bean paste towards one side leaving some margin to roll. Top with few sashes of hot sauce.
- Roll the tortillas slightly tight. Arrange it on greased dish with seam side down. Repeat with other tortillas till the dish is full.
- Put it in the oven on the lower rack. Let it bake for 10-12 minutes till it starts turning golden brown.
- Take it out. Let stand for 2 minutes. Separate gently and enjoy with a side of some Spanish or Mexican rice, sour cream, shredded lettuce and salsa - guacamole.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.