Cupcakes make everyone happy. They are perfect for parties and celebrations. Bring these Crispy Strawberry and Verbena Cupcake recipe to the next special occasion, and you will be the star for the day. These decadent hand-held sweet treats take 105 minutes to prepare, so make sure you have the time. However, you will be happy you did. We have a feeling that once you serve these sweet and moist cupcakes, everyone will beg for them at the next party.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 60 grams muesli (hazelnut)
- 750 grams strawberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- verbena (Fresh)
- dried strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the egg whites to peaks with sugar and vinegar. Add the muesli.
- Using a spatula, cover the sides of the bun pans with the meringue.
- Do not fill the pans completely, simply cover the sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool, then gently remove the shells from the pans.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces, and macerate for 1 hour with 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar, and 12 small, fresh verbena leaves.
- Whip the cream and confectioner's sugar to a whipped cream.
- If the meringue shells are too inflated, cut the inside with scissors to be able to put the strawberries in.
- Decorate with whipped cream (if possible use a pastry bag fitted with a fluted nozzle), add bursts of dried strawberries, and fresh strawberries with verbena leaves.
- Serve this dessert half an hour after its preparation, otherwise, the strawberries will soften the meringue. However, you can make your meringues 3 to 4 days in advance, and store them in airtight container.
|Calories340Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.