Crispy Spring Rolls With Mussels And Red Pepper Sauce.On dine chez Nanou
Crispy appetizers will always be a popular winner! Spicy hot makes them even better. Your guests will be begging for your recipe. The mussels will add just the right texture and mild flavor. Sprinkle Tabasco hot sauce over the top, or serve with hot salsa.
- mussels (1 lt. Bouchot)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- thyme sprigs (Fresh)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams sliced chorizo (thinly)
- 1/2 onions
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 pastry (frozen, sheets)
- olive oil
- salt (Espelette pepper)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Quickly rinse the mussels under cold water.
- 3Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan with 3 bay leaves and 3 sprigs of thyme.
- 4Add the mussels and cook over high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes until they are opened, season with a salt.
- 5Let them cool, remove the mussels from their shells and set them aside in a bowl.
- 6Wash and cut the red peppers in 2, remove the seeds and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, skin side facing up.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes until the skin swells and begins to blacken.
- 8Put them in a plastic bag for 20 minutes, then peel off the skin.
- 9Put them in the blender with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt, and mix everything to until smooth.
- 10In a large sauteing pan, fry the chorizo slices, and the onion finely chopped, for about 5 minutes.
- 11Add the tomatoes, a few thyme sprigs and simmer it for about 10 to 15 minutes until the tomato juice evaporates, to get a dry mixture.
- 12Pour into the blender and pulse until it becomes a thick paste.
- 13Preheat oven to 200 C.
- 14In a floured work surface, spread a sheet of pastry, brush with olive oil.
- 15Place the mussels on the edge, but centered on the pastry sheet, cover with a tablespoon of the chorizo-tomato mixture .
- 16Begin rolling tightly, fold the right tip and then the left tip to close the ends and continue to roll the spring roll.
- 17Lightly oil the top and place it on a baking plate lined with parchment paper.
- 18Bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 19Serve with the pepper sauce as a starter or a main course alongside a salad. Sprinkle with the Espelette pepper salt (or some coarse salt mixed with a bit of Espelette pepper).
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.