- 1 pork belly (thick cut)
- 8 parts water
- 1 part salt
- 1 part sugar
- spices (To taste, seasonings and aromatics)
- 1. Brine pork belly overnight.
- 2. Remove belly from brine and blot dry. In a diagonal diamond pattern, using a razor blade, score skin. Season skin.
- 3. In roasting pan, lined with a roasting rack, place belly skin side up. Add 1” of water or brine to the pan.
- 4. Place in a 325 degree F oven until 180 degrees F internal temperature.
- 5. Increase heat to 450 degrees and cook an additional 20 minutes or until skin is crispy and brown.