- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets (boneless skinless, choose a firm white fish like cod or halibut)
- 15 corn tortillas (for serving)
- grapeseed oil (or oil with a high smoke point for frying)
- 1 1/2 cups beer (or substitute seltzer water)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 avocados (ripe, thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- lime wedges (Fresh, for garnish)
- taco toppings
- chopped cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream (or 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- salt (to taste)
|Calories260Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Paulie 6 Dec 2018
This is a really good, crisp and crunchy breading! I went to this recipe today just for the batter because I was deep frying 7oz Cod fillets for dinner. I like the crunchy texture. I found a recipe on Yummly for a mango salsa to pair with it, and voilà!!
Oleksandr Havrylyuk 15 Aug 2018
Very tasty! Breading was very good. I would use it for other dishes with fish or chicken.
Mary Spurr 31 Jul 2018
Excellent! Found halibut pieces and ends at a reasonable price at our local fish market. The sauce was excellent. Fresh salsa Fresca with ingredients picked out of the garden, cabbage and avocado put this fish taco over the top. Thank you for the recipe!
Jen P. 5 Jul 2018
this was delicious, would make it again
Ornella Hanoun 4 May 2018
big hit in my home! Used halibut and added some more seasoning to the sauce!! yummy!!
Annette B. 28 Mar 2018
I have a few substitution to cut my prep time, like fresh guacamole from the grocery store but other than that were great. I could have increase seasoning to batter by about 1/2.
Paul Jones 4 Mar 2018
Made the tacos for my family very unsure if they would like it. It was a huge hit. I used swai fish insread of cod. Flavor was great. My son said this recipe is a keeper!
Lord Poopy Pants 3 Feb 2018
Was just alright. Will try to make it again. The wife enjoyed it more than I did. However there were leftovers. So I gauge a good meal by the amount of leftovers
brooke j. 9 Jan 2018
Delicious! I liked the tips about using 2 different hands for batter & panko.
Tamrah C. 11 Nov 2017
fish turned out fantastic. Changed up the dressing and sides a bit but excellent way to prepare cod.
Dani Rice 14 Aug 2017
Great recipe! My family really enjoyed it!
Jack Madigan 11 Jul 2017
Loved the crunch! Definitely need to season fish prior. I would make it again.
Sam Rosiek 24 Sep 2016
Excellent ...salted the fish as others have indicated. Added some extra sides and whole family liked it. Was a bit time consuming but taste was worth it. Sauce was nice made a broccoli carrot and red cabbage slaw
T 4. 7 Jul 2016
Great recipe. Easy to make recipe. In addition to seasoning the batter, I recommend seasoning the fish as well prior to adding to the batter. I also decided to make a slaw with the cabbage.