Use crisp rice cereal squares instead of panko crumbs for a gluten-free version!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- Pound chicken breasts, one at a time in a resealable freezer bag, until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Combine panko crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg until coated, drip off excess and dip in panko mixture.
- Press chicken into crumbs until fully coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Transfer chicken to pan and cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until chicken is brown, crispy and fully cooked.
Todd S. 31 Jul 2018
easy to make but next time i would kick up the amount of spice to offset the blandness of the panko. also used clarified butter along with the oil for the pan frying
Greg Shrum 19 Mar 2018
Loved it. I would make it again
Mr Bagus B. 3 Feb 2016
This dish is awesome! I just spice it up with some Tabasco Spicy Sea Salt which I find easily here AT>>> http://stores.ebay.com/LP-8-track-Cassette-World/Hot-Sauce-/_i.html?_fsub=4635371016&_sid=1052966036&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
linda u. 4 Oct 2015
a very n ice alternative to flour covering.... yum Everyone enjoyed the dish ..... will make it again for company!