- 1 3/4 pounds Foster Farms thin-sliced chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar (may substitute white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 navel oranges (zest from large, reserve one orange)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (divided)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb (large, trimmed)
- 1 avocado (large)
- 1 serrano chile
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, champagne vinegar, sugar, one teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut white pith away from reserved zested orange; cut orange into small cubes. Chop fennel bulb into small cubes. Peel avocado, remove pit and chop into small cubes. Cut chile in half lengthwise, remove and discard seeds and finely mince. Place orange pieces, fennel, avocado and chile in bowl containing dressing; toss gently and refrigerate while preparing chicken.
- Preheat oven to 200° F. Place flour in shallow bowl; combine with remaining salt and pepper. In second shallow bowl, beat eggs well with fork. Place panko breadcrumbs in third shallow bowl; stir in zest from one orange.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, warm peanut oil. Dredge each chicken fillet in flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with panko-orange mixture. Place coated chicken in hot oil and sauté, turning, about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken with tongs and place on bakers rack over a cookie sheet in oven to keep warm.
- To serve, place salad on plates. Top each salad with one or two chicken fillets.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.