- 2 pounds rice noodles (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium carrot (halved lengthways, thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded, cut into thin strips)
- 6 ounces asparagus (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup basil
- Place noodles in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 mins, then gently stir to separate. Microwave on high for 1 min. Carefully separate noodles into individual strands. Add sesame oil and gently turn with hands to coat.
- Heat half the peanut oil in a 10 inch non-stick frying pan. Spread noodles in an even layer over base of pan. Cook over low heat, pressing with a spatula to compact the noodles, for 15 mins, or until golden underneath. Remove from heat. Place a plate on top of pan; carefully invert noodles on to plate. Slide noodles back into pan. Return pan to heat and cook for 10 mins, or until lightly golden. Slide onto a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add remaining oil; swirl to coat surface. Add garlic, carrot, pepper and asparagus and stir fry for 2 mins, or until vegetables are cooked but still crisp. Drizzle lime juice and soy sauce over vegetables and toss until heated.
- Spoon stir fry over noodle pancake. Serve topped with scallions, cilantro and basil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories930Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.