Five-star dining does not have to come with a five-star price. It also doesn’t require you to go to a five-star restaurant. This recipe for Crispy Mille-Feuille with Cantal, Herbs, Seared Mirabelle Plums and Pancetta takes only 30 minutes to prepare and is perfect for a special occasion. This fancy and flavorful dish combines buttery pastry with decadent cheese and pancetta. How could you go wrong with this recipe? Enjoy!
- 150 grams pastry (Brick, sheets)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 grams plums (mirabelle)
- 20 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 200 grams cheese (Cantal, aged 2 to 6 months)
- 1 bunch chervil
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 8 slices pancetta
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut 10X10 centimeter squares in the sheets of Brick pastry with scissors. Brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook 7/8 minutes in the oven so that they color. Set aside.
- Wash the plums quickly under cold water. Pit them.
- Heat a pan with a piece of butter. Put the plums in the pan and sauté for 4/5 minutes. Add 1 small tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, mix quickly and set aside in the pan and let cool.
- Using a vegetable mandoline, make Cantal shavings.
- Wash herbs and dry them with a paper towel.
- Place in each plate a sheet of brick pastry, herbs, a slice of pancetta, cantal shavings, and some plums (lukewarm so that the cheese doesn't melt) . Add one more layer.
- Finish with a sheet of brick pastry and herbs.
- Make a vinaigrette with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Pour a few drops over the mille-feuille.
|Calories480Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.