- 7 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashews (toasted, 6 set aside for garnish, the remainder finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (toasted, 6 set aside for garnish, the remainder finely chopped)
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (mixed with a little water to make a slurry)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro (chopped, some set aside for garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- For the sauce, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sauté 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the garlic for 1-2 mins then add the chopped cashews and peanuts. After about 1 min add the honey, 5 tbsp water and the soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce to thicken it. Simmer for about 1 min then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ground beef, cilantro, remaining garlic and onions, 1 egg and paprika. Season then shape into meatballs. Beat 2 eggs in a deep dish and put the breadcrumbs and flour in separate dishes. Coat the meatballs first in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Heat 6 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs in batches, turning as necessary, for 8-10 mins until golden all over. Serve the meatballs and sauce on plates garnished with the remaining nuts and cilantro.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1010Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.