- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 pounds chicken wings (split and tips discarded)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup saltine crackers (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups peanut oil (for frying)
- salt (to taste)
Gary J. 21 days ago
Super good!!! I let it soak in the buttermilk mixture for and hour. Delicious!!!
Paulie 21 Jun 2017
I read a number of reviews, so I took a chance based on what I read. I doubled the dry spices, except the salt, and from the buttermilk I rolled them in the flour mix, returned to the buttermilk and rolled them in flour mix again!! Twelve minutes in 350 degree F oil and they turned out very well. This recipe gave me the starting gate I needed - I just pumped it up a little!