- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 14 ounces pitted cherries (in syrup, drained, syrup reserved)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- duck (Crispy)
- 4 duck breasts (skin on)
- 2 tablespoons butter (chilled, chopped)
- green beans (Steams, to serve)
- potatoes (Roasted, to serve)
- Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan on high. Sauté onion, lemon zest and thyme 4-5 minutes, until onion is tender and lightly golden.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in stock, reserved cherry syrup and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 3-4 minutes, until liquid is reduced by a third. Add cherries and set sauce aside.
- For the crispy duck: Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on medium. Season duck to taste. Add to pan, skin side down, and cook 4-5 minutes, until skin is golden. Turn and cook another 3-4 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from heat, cover loosely and let rest 5 mins.
- Return sauce to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Gradually add butter, one piece at a time, whisking constantly until sauce is thick and glossy. Reduce heat to low and cook another 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Slice duck breast and serve drizzled with sauce. Accompany with steamed green beans and roasted potatoes.
|Calories240Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.