Crispy Chicken Thighs + Meyer Lemon + HerbsSAMUELTHORNHILL94212
I'm a recent chicken thigh convert, and this recipe is the reason why.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Drizzle chicken thighs with olive oil and season them amply with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Move the thighs to a cold cast iron skillet, skin-side down over medium heat. Add about a tbsp. of canola oil and cook for 14 to 15 minutes, no turning! As the fat renders off, spoon out the excess and discard, leaving only a little to prevent the thighs from sticking to the pan.
- When most of the fat has rendered out and the skin is crispy and brown, flip the thighs. Cook on the meat side for a few minutes until a nice caramelized color develops, then move chicken to a baking pan.
- Rinse out skillet and return to the heat. Once pan is reheated, add stock, wine, butter, herbs, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix and bring to a boil. Add chicken (skin side up), and lemon slices back to the skillet, and move to the oven.
- Cook in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes. Baste thighs with the pan mixture a couple times. Increase oven temperature to high broil, and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes more. Monitor the thighs closely, to make sure the skin doesn’t burn. Once the right color is achieved and the skin is adequately crispy, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories830Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.