Save yourself from the mess of frying - try baking these crispy chicken wings in your oven!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken wings on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Place the olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken wings in the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the chicken wings to evenly coat in the seasoned oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings onto the foil-covered roasting rack.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the chicken wings to cool on the roasting rack for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve.
|Calories1130Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Donna Zimnowski 8 days ago
Excellent! I doubled the spices for more flavor. But the baking technique made perfectly juicy and crispy wings!
Sharon Axe 9 days ago
Awesome! Will definitely make it again.
Charlee Manuso 10 days ago
I ended up putting extra paprika, turned out fantastic. Might even try chilli powder next time too
BestFoodie 16 Dec 2018
They were beautiful and DELICIOUS!
Marisha Brooks 2 Dec 2018
Wings turned out perfect very crispy! I have baked wings all my life and never added olive oil. I can’t believe how good they turned out
gary s. 2 Dec 2018
The wings came out perfectly. I cut the salt in half as we don't use much. Everything else was exactly as directed. Really tasty results. I will NEVER fry a wing again!!!!! Anyone who has doubts about baking wings has NOTHING to worry about. Lovely and crispy and a healthier option.
Stacie Westmoreland 22 Nov 2018
This was my best baked chicken I ever baked...
Jean S. 21 Oct 2018
Crispy and delicious. ..followed the recipe but went lightly with the salt (we're not big salt people) Will definitely make again.
Kate 16 Sep 2018
Delicious! This will be my go-to wing recipe. The only thing I would change is a little less salt. Maybe only 1tsp. But nice and crispy
Dorrian Brooks 23 Aug 2018
i didn't have the baking powder but it still turned out great
Derrick 20 Aug 2018
Very Easy to make and enjoyed by the whole family
Aileen Kehoe 6 Aug 2018
I only cooked for 40 mins and they came out a little dry (although all eaten!), I'm going to try 35 minutes and see, not sure about putting another layer of foil on top as I'm afraid they won't crisp up.
S Ma 29 Jul 2018
I added another foil wrapper on top to help keep the moisture in. Make sure you have the right ratio of wings to seasonings, otherwise the result will be too salty.
Hi Kay 19 Jul 2018
They turned out great. Very tasty and had a nice flavor.
Quasim Sturdivant 13 Jul 2018
A++++ will make again
Stokes 3 Jul 2018
everyone loved the baked chicken.
Toasty Freeze 29 Jun 2018
Connie 17 Jun 2018
yummy..tossed in sauce
Ana Castillo 16 Jun 2018
Wonderful delicious. Crispy, and tasty.
Tia R. 14 Jun 2018
Great. Added wing sauce. Everyone loved it with baked mini red skin potatoes.
Lu Tome 10 Jun 2018
Great! Crispy and Yummy
Renee 10 Jun 2018
Great! I used chicken breasts for boneless wings! All 6 liked it