Crispy BaguettesOn dine chez Nanou
Baking bread is a long process that yields a heartwarming product. This recipe for Crispy Baguettes takes 80 minutes to prepare and is rich and hearty. Each baguette has four servings, so if you want to use it for a big event, plan accordingly. This bread should be used within a few days as it will dry out. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this bread as much as we do.
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast (baker)
- 460 grams white flour (type 65)
- 50 grams rye flour
- 320 milliliters water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1The night before, start making the pre-ferment (poolish) by mixing 2 big pinches of instant Baker's yeast, 100 grams white flour, 50 grams of rye flour, and 150 milliliters of water in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a dry place for about 12 hours.
- 2The next day, mix 1/2 teaspoon of instant Baker's yeast, 360 grams of white flour, 170 milliliters of water, and 1.5 teaspoons of salt in a mixer bowl and knead for about 10 minutes (speed 2). Let it stand for about 1 hour away from drafts. Place the dough on a floured surface and divide it into 4 portions. Turn them over and flatten them with the palm of the hand and bend them in 2. Repeat this process a second time. Then roll the dough to have baguettes from 25 to 30 cm long. Place them in a sheet Demarle Silform Baguette (if you do not have one, put them on a non sticky plate). Let aside for about 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- 4Before baking, cut the baguettes with a cutter to make 3 incisions in each baguette.
- 5Bake the bread and pour about 50 ml of water on the hot pan. Cook the baguettes for about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.