Drizzled in a sticky-sweet soy sauce glaze, it's nearly impossible stop eating these crispy wings!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger (knob, peeled)
- 1 scallions
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Sprinkle in the baking powder. Seal the bag and shake until the wings are evenly coated in baking powder.
- Drizzle the canola oil into the bag of chicken wings. Seal the bag and shake once more to lightly coat the chicken wings in oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings onto the foil-covered roasting rack.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Place the water, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and toasted sesame oil in a small saucepan. Grate or press the garlic clove and ginger root into the pan.
- Set the pan over medium heat and bring to a low boil. Allow the mixture to bubble for 5-7 minutes, whisking occasionally, or until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
|Calories1310Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dave 28 Mar 2018
very blah. it wasn't bad, nor was it good!