Sometimes it's fun to call all your friends, create a custom menu of decadent appetizers, and enjoy an evening of friendship, food and fun. If you are looking for a dish that would be perfect for such an evening, then try this Asian Crispy Chicken Croquettes recipe. It is the perfect pairing of crispy, sweet and savory. These flavorful treats also look beautiful when plated. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 30 grams dried black mushrooms
- 4 carrots
- 400 grams ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
- 1 cucumber
- Bring some water to a boil. Place the mushrooms in a heat-proof bowl, then pour the boiling water over them
- Let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Drain and cut mushrooms into small pieces. Finely grate 2 carrots.
- Put the ground chicken, the grated carrots, the black mushrooms, the egg, and the soy sauce into a bowl.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour some sesame seeds on a plate.
- With a tablespoon, form dumplings of the chicken mixture and roll each dumpling gently in the sesame seeds.
- Heat oil and cook dumplings over medium heat, turning until well browned, about 10 minutes.
- On a plate, arrange cucumber slices and carrots sticks. Add fresh mint leaves and drizzle with a little bit of soy sauce. Place the dumplings on the plate and serve.