- 1 pound extra firm tofu (or firm)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped/minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled minced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (or Asian chili paste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (original recipe calls for 1, but it never seems like enough to me)
|Calories220Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jenny M. 3 months ago
I’m not a fan of tofu but am trying to incorporate it into my diet and this recipe has by far been the best I’ve tried so far!
Deb 5 months ago
We love this recipe. It takes some time but it is worth it.
BenR19 6 months ago
Very good! Next time, will definitely add less salt, very salty! I also doubled the marinade based off of another review.
Joana Walsh 8 months ago
Excellent. Great lower-fat option to fried tofu
Tim M. 8 months ago
Very tasty,I added 1tsp of schezwan pepper powder to the recipe
Lauren K. 10 months ago
Crispy and flavorful!
Stephanie Corrales a year ago
I think my tofu was firm not extra firm so it got squashed when I dried it out and so it didn’t cool evenly on the bottom.... buuut it tastes good!
Kristen P. 3 years ago
I've tried quite a few different tofu recipes and this one is hands down the best. I only substituted a couple things. I used flour instead of corn starch and powdered ginger for fresh ginger. I marinated for 2 hours and the flavors were amazing. Oh...I also doubled the marinate. This will be my go to for tofu.