The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Crepes Suzette. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Crepes Suzette recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 100 grams flour
- 125 milliliters milk
- 125 milliliters water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams margarine (softened)
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 deciliters orange juice
- 1 deciliter lemon juice
- orange zest
- 80 grams margarine
- orange liqueur
- In a bowl, mix the flour, milk, water, salt , and sugar. Beat to a light and homogeneous batter.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until they're fully mixed in with the batter.
- Let the dough rest in a cool place, covered with a cloth, for at least 1 hour.
- Put a skillet on medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons of softened margarine, spreading it well to cover the entire surface.
- With a large spoon, pour a little dough into the frying pan, and spread it well, tipping the container.
- Flip the crepe when brown.
- Keep cooked crepes warm.
- In a wide, flat skillet, add the sugar, and let it melt until it slightly resembles caramel. Add the strained orange and lemon juices, and the orange zest.
- Stir and let the sauce reduce to a syrupy texture.
- On very low heat, add margarine, and as soon as it melts, put 4 to 8 crepes folded in four into the sauce. Turn over, and cover with syrup a few times.
- Pour the brandy into a clean ladle, and tip it into a flame to ignite. Immediately, pour the flaming sauce over the crepes, and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.