- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 450 grams eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 80 grams egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pound lump crab meat (jumbo)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup orange segments (fresh)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Cook 2 minutes, drain, then plunge into bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Cut off asparagus tips and reserve for garnish. Chop stalks; set aside.
- Combine flour, whole eggs, milk, butter and 1 teaspoon salt in bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Whisk to mixer. Turn to Speed 1and mix 30 seconds. Increase to Speed 6 and mix 1 minute or until smooth. Stop mixer and add chervil, chives, parsley and orange peel. Turn to Speed 1 and mix 20 seconds or until combined. Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
- Heat 8-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter into pan and tilt pan in all directions to spread batter evenly. Cook 1 minute or until crepe releases itself from pan when shaken. Carefully flip crepe over and cook 30 seconds or until center is set. Transfer to parchment paper or clean kitchen towel to cool while preparingremaining crepes. Repeat with remaining batter, stirring batter between crepes. Stack crepes between single layers of waxed paper to prevent sticking.
- Add cream cheese, orange juice, egg yolks, 1 teaspoon salt and mustard to clean Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Scraper Flat Paddle to mixer. Turn to Speed 1and mix 30 seconds. Increase to Speed 4and mix 1 minute or until mixture is smooth. Stop mixer and scrape side and bottom of Bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and mix 20 seconds. Stop mixer and add chopped asparagus stalks and crabmeat. Turn to Speed 1 and mix 15 seconds or until well combined, leaving some large pieces of crab.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spoon ¼ cup crab mixture in a line across middle of each crepe; roll up. Arrange crepes, seam-side down, in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crepes just begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in skilleton medium heat untilbeginning to brown. Add orange segments and reserved asparagus tips; cook untilheated through. Spoon mixture over crepes before serving.