Crepe Cake with Lemon CreamOn dine chez Nanou
You may have trouble deciding if this is a cake or a pastry. That’s because it’s made with 9 eggs and 6 more egg yolks and a lot of butter. You’ll appreciate the lemon flavor. Loaded with calories, this dessert should be reserved for very special occasions.
- 840 milliliters milk
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 lemon juice (organic, and zest)
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 160 grams sugar
- 140 grams butter (diced)
- 1Mix milk, eggs, add the flour.
- 2Add the oil and a pinch of salt.
- 3Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- 4Cook 12 crepes in a lightly greased pan. Set aside
- 5Pour the sugar, whole eggs, egg yolks, juice, and zest in a saucepan.
- 6Mix and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Upon first boil, add the butter all at once, and mix quickly.
- 7If there are pieces of cooked egg whites in the mixture, sieve curd to obtain a smooth result. Allow the curd to cool.
- 8Add 4 tablespoons of mascarpone, and mix to obtain a smooth cream.
- 9Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 10Cut 1 crepe to the size of the pan, and place in pan.
- 11Cover with a thin layer of lemon cream.
- 12Repeat until pan is full, finishing with a crepe. (Set aside 1 tablespoon of lemon cream).
- 13Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 14Sprinkle with sugar, spread on remaining with lemon cream. Use blow torch to lightly brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.