If you want to make a sweet and savory dish that tastes like it came from a five star restaurant, then try this recipe for Creole Filet Mignon. It combines sweet citrus fruits with sweet potatoes, rum and veal cutlets. This dish also looks amazing w…
en it is presented in the serving dish. When you are carrying the dish to the table and you see their faces, you will know you did something right. Serve this dish hot with your favorite rice for a complete meal.
- 450 grams veal cutlets
- 1 can pineapple
- 3 clementines
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 3 tablespoons rum
- olive oil
- Chop the pineapple and place it in a bowl with the juice from the can.
- Add the clementine segments, making sure to remove any seeds.
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes, then cut them into slices.
- In a skillet, heat a little olive oil and brown the meat for 5 to 6 minutes. Season with allspice.
- Add the rum and flambe. Remove the meat from the pan.
- If necessary, add more oil and saute the sweet potatoes until browned.
- Add the pineapple, clementines, and pineapple juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 15 centiliters of hot water.
- Add the veal.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat and cut it into pieces.
- Place the meat in a serving dish and arrange the sweet potatoes around them.
- Pour sauce on top of meat and potatoes
- Serve hot with rice.