Creme Brulee Chocolate Mousse Log with Chocolate and Caramel GlazeOn dine chez Nanou
The photo speaks a thousand words. You and I both know that looks like the most delicious treat you have seen in awhile. Well today is your lucky day because this Creme Brulee Chocolate Mousse Log with Chocolate and Caramel Glaze. recipe is pretty easy to prepare. Try out this Creme Brulee Chocolate Mousse Log with Chocolate and Caramel Glaze. recipe for your family and shock them with this delectable treat. You will be sure to wow your family with this Creme Brulee Chocolate Mousse Log with Chocolate and Caramel Glaze. recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Creme Brulee Chocolate Mousse Log with Chocolate and Caramel Glaze recipe a star rating!
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 grams caster sugar
- 35 grams flour
- 100 grams almonds (powder)
- 120 grams powdered sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 60 grams caster sugar
- 5 grams gelatin
- 240 grams milk chocolate
- 250 grams whipping cream (cold)
- 180 grams milk
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams cream (liquid)
- 100 grams chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until mixture whitens, gradually add the cream.
- 3Pour the mixture in log pan.
- 4Bake for 45 minutes.
- 5Let cool, then place in the freezer for at least 2 hours in order to unmold the cream.
- 6Preheat oven to 180 C.
- 7In a bowl, sift flour, almond powder, and icing sugar.
- 8Beat the egg whites until stiff, add caster sugar gradually until mixture is smooth.
- 9Add the sieved mixture with a flexible spatula.
- 10Spread on baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut to the size of the pan. There will be leftovers.
- 11Put the gelatin in cold water.
- 12Pour the cream in the food processor bowl, and whip until foamy.
- 13Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat without bringing to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 14Squeeze the gelatin.
- 15Pour drained gelatin in hot milk, stir until gelatin melts.
- 16Put the chocolate in a bowl, pour in hot milk, mix. Check the temperature of the chocolate (35 C, if you dip your finger in it, it should not feel hot or cold, it is important to get a nice mousse, if it is too hot, the cream will melt). Add the whisked cream and stir gently.
- 17Pour the mousse into the log mold, cover the sides and bottom, place the creme brulee in the pan, cover with mousse and then the dacquoise.
- 18Cover the mold with plastic wrap, freeze overnight.
- 19Add caster sugar to a pan to make not-too-dark caramel.
- 20Heat the cream in the microwave. Stir and add the chocolate. Place in a water bath so that the icing doesn´t harden.
- 21Take the log out of the freezer, place it on a rack placed on a plate.
- 22Pour the icing quickly and generously so that it covers the log. Let cool for at least 4 hours for log to thaw.
- 23Garnish with available decorations. Picture log is decorated with macaroons and chocolate circles.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1370Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.