Creme Brulee is a sweet and beautiful dessert that is perfect to make for a small intimate dinner party. The creamy and dreamy dish pairs perfectly with any meal. Serve it up with a cup of coffee for a delicious dessert. Your friends will be amazed that you would serve up individual desserts. And when you get out the torch for the top, they will cheer for their dessert. Enjoy!
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- whipping cream (25 cl.)
- brown sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the mixture turns pale.
- Split the vanilla pod in half and use a knife to scrape out the seeds.
- Mix the vanilla seeds in with the egg yolks and sugar.
- Gradually, add the cream and whisk vigorously.
- Pour the cream into the ramekins.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate the ramekins for at least 2 hours.
- For the caramel, sprinkle with brown sugar, and caramelize with a kitchen torch.
- If you don't have a torch, place under the oven broiler.