Creme Brulee is a sweet and beautiful dessert that is perfect to make for a small intimate dinner party. The creamy and dreamy dish pairs perfectly with any meal. Serve it up with a cup of coffee for a delicious dessert. Your friends will be amazed that you would serve up individual desserts. And when you get out the torch for the top, they will cheer for their dessert. Enjoy!
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 vanilla pods
- whipping cream (25 cl.)
- brown sugar (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 200F
- 2Whisk egg yolks and sugar until the mixture turns pale.
- 3Split the vanilla pod in half and use a knife to scrape out the seeds.
- 4Mix the vanilla seeds in with the egg yolks and sugar.
- 5Gradually, add the cream and whisk vigorously.
- 6Pour the cream into the ramekins.
- 7Bake for 1 hour.
- 8Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate the ramekins for at least 2 hours.
- 9For the caramel, sprinkle with brown sugar, and caramelize with a kitchen torch.
- 10If you don't have a torch, place under the oven broiler.