- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.pounded thin)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup shallots (chopped, or onion)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley ( finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs, coating well. Heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same skillet and cook shallots and thyme, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in lemon juice and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce, parsley and lemon peel; heat through. Spoon Sauce over chicken and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or pasta.