Finding a hearty, creamy, and nutritious way to serve a special dinner that isn’t high in calories can be a challenge. If you don’t mind a vegetarian option, then this Creamy Vegetable Pie. It takes 75 minutes to prepare this rich and decadent pie, but it is well worth the wait. If you want a meal that packs a lot of nutritional value in a beautiful and buttery crust, then this is perfect. Everyone will love it.
- button mushrooms (400 grams Paris)
- 15 grams butter
- 1 pastry dough (sheet)
- 300 grams eggplant
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams spinach
- 500 grams tomatoes
- garlic (optional)
- 16 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat 15 grams of butter and sauté the mushrooms. Season with salt. Put aside.
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the dough into a pie dish, prick with a fork.
- Peel the eggplants and cut into 5 millimeters thick slices. Store them on a oiled oven tray. With a brush, brush the slices with olive oil, salt, and sprinkle them with thyme. Bake them for about 10 minutes. Reserve.
- At this stage, two versions of the recipe: A faster version: Use frozen spinach, cook according to the advised preparation mode. Drain. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add a can of diced tomatoes, salt and pepper (add garlic if you like). Cook 4/5 minutes to reduce the tomato juice. Add the cooked spinach and stir; A more traditional version: Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the washed spinach. Season with salt. Drain the spinach once cooked. Peel the tomatoes, cut them in 2, and remove the seeds with your thumb. Dice. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the tomatoes over high heat for 4/5 minutes. Season with salt (add garlic if you wish). Add the cooked spinach.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream and eggs, salt and pepper.
- In the pie dish, place a layer of cooked mushrooms on the dough, then the eggplant slices.
- Pour one-third of the cream / eggs mixture and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the spinach mixture with the tomato.
- Pour it over the pie and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve it warm.
|Calories540Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.