- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes (can of)
- 1 hot pepper (long, – chopped with seeds)
- 1 sweet onion (– diced)
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (fresh, – chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (– chopped)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (package of)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder (Vegeta, plus ¼ cup water)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 pound sliced salami (– slice into strips)
- 4 slices provolone (– slice into strips)
- romano cheese (for grating)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (and more for drizzling)
- 2 pounds spaghetti (your favorite)
- Heat a large frying pan with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add the hot pepper, onion, parsley and garlic; sauté until the onions are softened and the garlic is fragrant. Add the crushed tomatoes; the seasonings and simmer on a low heat.
- In a food processor combine the cream cheese, capers plus a tbs. of caper juice, Vegeta chicken stock powder mix with a ¼ cup of water, red wine and the juice of 1 lemon. Process this mixture until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the sauce and toss. Turn the heat very low.
- Prepare the spaghetti as directed while preparing the sauce and cream cheese mixture.
- Plate the spaghetti in a serving platter. Drizzle a little olive oil; add the sliced provolone and salami and toss with the creamy sauce.
- Serve with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1420Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.