You'll never want to eat spinach dip with chips again once you try it stuffed in a mushroom!
- 16 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves (fresh, 4 firmly packed cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for another use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large sauté pan. Once the oil is shimmering, add spinach.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for a minute longer, until fragrant.
- Transfer the spinach to the bowl of cheese.
- Beat together the cheeses and spinach with a mixer on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom with about one tablespoon of the spinach mixture.
- Top each mushroom with a heaping teaspoon of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden-brown.
- Check to see that mushrooms are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
|Calories60Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.