Soup is a dish best served, sipped, and savored. This delicious recipe for Creamy Roasted Garlic and Almond Soup combines aromatic spices and herbs with decadent and creamy ingredients for a soup that is sensational. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family with a palate pleasing soup. The next time they come in from the cold, serve them this savory soup.
- 3 garlic bulbs
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- creme fraiche (30 cl.)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 200 grams sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 200 grams almonds (peeled)
- water (25 cl.)
- 3 oranges (peeled and sectioned)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the garlic bulbs on a baking sheet and bake at 180 C for about 30 minutes. They should get soft and brown.
- In a large pot, saute the onion over medium heat in 4 tablespoons of olive oil for about 10 minutes. Add the creme fraiche and the stock. Bring to boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the garlic has cooled, squeeze the roasted garlic out of bulbs. Stir this garlic paste into the soup.
- Remove the crusts from the bread. Chop the rest and add it to the soup. Add the vinegar and cook for a few minutes. Stir the almonds into the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 25 centiliters of water into a blender. Add some of the soup and blend. Pour a little into the pot to dilute the soup until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Ladle into bowls and add the orange slices, cilantro, and mint. It can be served hot or cold.