If you have never made risotto before, or if you are in need of a refresher course in how it's done, this recipe will provide you with the classic play by play. The key steps are to saute the aromatics to build the flavor base, to toast the rice bri…
fly to coax out a nutty taste, and then to gradually incorporate the heated broth while stirring and cooking. In this version, mashed peas are added a the end.
- 200 grams peas (mashed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare the broth by bringing 1 liter of water and bouillon cubes to a boil; set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the finely chopped onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for a few more seconds.
- Increase the heat and add the rice.