When making any type of rice pudding, it pays to rinse the rice thoroughly before you begin to remove the excess starch, so the pudding has the creamiest consistency. Also, during cooking, be sure to keep the pan covered and to stir the rice occasio…
ally (or as needed) so it doesn't stick to the bottom. Here the pudding is topped with a wild berry compote, using fresh or frozen (and thawed) fruit.
- 150 grams rice
- 1 liter skim milk
- 100 grams sugar (yellow)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams mixed berries (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Rinse rice and drain well.
- In a pan, heat milk, yellow sugar and vanilla extract over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and continue stirring until sugar is well dissolved.
- Add rice to pan and cover with lid. Cook over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, so rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, until rice is done, to taste.
- In a saucepan, heat berries and sugar over low heat and stir to create a sauce.
- If using frozen berries, thaw at room temperature.
- Heat berry juices with sugar and then stir in berries.
- To serve, place rice in individual bowls and top with berries.