- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- 3 1/4 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli or bok choy, cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, diced)
- cilantro leaves (to serve)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high heat. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger for 1-2 mins, until onion is tender. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 mins, until browned, turning occasionally.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 1-2 mins, until aromatic, Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins, until chicken is tender (adding water, if needed) and cooked through.
- Stir in gai lan. Simmer for 1 min, until just wilted. Stir in tomato. Serve curry sprinkled with cilantro leaves.